What Do Chemical Peels Do?
When applied to the skin, chemical peel solutions cause the skin to exfoliate and then to peel off. The shedding of the top layer of skin will signal living cells to multiply and move to the surface. This also signals your body to increase collagen production and natural hyaluronic acid. Because of this reaction you will notice a number of benefits:
- A reduction in depth of fine lines and wrinkles due to increased collagen.
- Improved appearance of sun damaged areas as dead cells are removed and healthy skin cells replace them.
- Improved appearance of acne scars.
- Reduction in the discoloration of various types of hyperpigmentation.
- A more even skin tone will develop.
- Pores will be unclogged and will appear smaller and healthier.
Chemical peels are customizable to your individual needs, making them excellent anti-aging treatments for nearly any skin type. Because chemical peels are strong, you will have red and slightly swollen skin for up to 2 weeks. There will be scabbing and then the dead skin will flake away. In just 2 or 3 weeks, you will start to see a more refreshed and rejuvenated complexion, Final results visible within one month. Some clients may need more than one chemical peel to see ideal results.